I’ve finished super-secret birthday cross stitch project, and will post results next week.
While I wasn’t feverishly trying to finish the super-secret birthday project, I have been knitting. Finished this:
The pattern can be found here on ravelry. This was my second knitting project and I’m really pleased with the results. It’s very forgiving – I made a couple of errors in counting my yarnovers, but cannot find them in the finished result. I have yet to wash and block it, and that’s supposed to open up the pattern even more. I will post if this causes a dramatic change.
With some of the leftover yarn, I knitted a quick headband in a basketweave pattern:
Then moved on to this dragonfly dishcloth:
Another easy (and quick!) pattern to follow; if you know how to knit and purl, then you can do it too. This would be great as a gift set. I’m very happy with the results, though the next time I do this type of pattern (with an inset picture/motif) I will try using solid yarn. I used Sugar n’ Cream twists, and think a solid would have shown the pattern even more.
I better go embroider something soon.