We’ve been busy ya’ll. A wrapup:
- We are wrapping up the Monkey’s swimming lessons. He has really enjoyed them this summer, and he is very confident in the pool now. We will definitely repeat these next summer, and likely for the Bear too.
- The Bear turned two, and BHE turned 31, on August 1.
- Monkey started school (Tuesday/Thursday pre-K) just shy of two weeks ago. LOVES IT. The school – a private school which teaches pre-K on up through high school – also asked me (to essentially volunteer) to teach Spanish to pre-K through elementary. I’m having a blast, and have deeply appreciated teaching advice from my crabby amiga. There’s a lot of sources I have used online for class, as I am still awaiting an official curriculum and am right now “winging it” – I will post later when I have some more time for all the linkage.
- Soccer practice started this week. Wow, it really was like herding cats!
- We’ve been watching the Olympics; as such, we promised Monkey that he can take gymnastics again after soccer season ends (he took gymnastics about a year ago and we quit mainly due to the drive; there’s now a place in town).
- I’ve had a lot of work stuff (the job that pays me, in addition to the volunteer Spanish position), so that’s kept me busy too.
- Unfortunately, exercise has suffered for me. Am considering taking up jogging…
- I’m trying to read more. Right now, I am reading Trail of Tears, which is really good (I’m a big fan of non-fiction) in addition to trying to muddle through Ulysses (to which my brother commented “Yeah, good luck with that…”)