Laura at Texas in Africa tagged me for this book thing; I hope I do it a little justice but I’m one of those that reads quickly but doesn’t retain the knowledge:
1. One book that changed your life:
This sounds like it should be some type of self-help book or something – I very vividly felt a connection to Catcher in the Rye in my cynical adolescence – let’s go with that.
2. One book that you’ve read more than once:
To Kill a Mockingbird, Harper Lee
3. One book you’d want on a desert island:
Hmmmm….my eldest just got Alexander and the Terrible, Horrible, No Good, Very Bad Day – he loves it and I do too.
Rush Limbaugh is a Big Fat Idiot cracked me up too – been years since I read that.
5. One book that made you cry:
A lot of books have made me cry, which makes it difficult to just name one (plus my retention for titles is shot). Typically if a father, mother or child dies, you’ve made me cry.
6. One book that you wish had been written:
Teaching Your Child to Go #2 in the Potty Despite Various Attempts, Efforts, and Briberies to Do So: Personalized for Your Child’s Personality with Guaranteed Results
7. One book that you wish had never been written:
I’m not well-read enough to answer this, nor am I big on saying books should not be written, but I guess due to its author I wish Mein Kampf had never been written…
Or I could say The Crucible – Laura knows why.
8. Two books you’re currently reading:
Trying to read the Bible
Just read Slash so I’m between books at the moment – need to pop by the library soon
9. One book you’ve been meaning to read:
Ulysses, James Joyce